Here are instructions on how to add a Comcast account to an iPhone or iPad. Comcast, like most email providers offer a type of email account called IMAP. These instructions apply to any IMAP email accounts, not just Comcast. For simplicity, I’m going to write iPhone instead or iPhone or iPad, but the instructions are identical for an iPad.
These instructions assume you’re using iOS 11 or higher.
- Wake up and unlock your iPhone
- Tap on the Settings app
- Scroll down to and tap on Passwords and Accounts
- Tap Add Account which appears near the bottom
- You’ll see a list of common email account providers such as iCloud and Google and Yahoo. Ignore all of this and tap Other at the bottom of the list.
- Tap Add Mail Account
- Fill in the following fields using this info as a guide
- Name: type in your real world name
- Email: type in your Comcast email address
- Password: type in your Comcast email account password
- Description: type in anything you’d like. This description is used to identify which account you’re using, and is particularly useful if you have more than one email account.
- Tap the Next button
- At the top of the iPhone’s screen you’ll see status messages such as “looking up account info” and “verifying account”. You’ll be advanced to the next screen if you typed everything correctly. This indicates that the Mail service has been enabled. Specifically, you’ll see an on/off slider next to Mail and another on/off slider next to Notes.
- Tap the Save button in the upper right-hand corner
- If you are not advanced to this next screen, then double-check what you typed and look for typos
Switch to the Mail application and test this newly added account. To test it, you’ll want to select this new account from the screen titled Mailboxes. Once you’ve selected the new account’s Inbox, then make sure that current messages appear. You’ll also need to compose a new email message and make sure you can send it.