Sound Support helps you get the most out of your Apple products. Our goal is to find the most effective solutions to your individual needs while providing you with a level of customer service that exceeds your expectations.
We focus on solo and micro-businesses, typically with 5 or fewer people, as well as residential clients. You want simple systems you can maintain without having to become a computer expert. That’s exactly what we provide.
Unsure about how to get the most out of your Mac? Know that you’re not using your iPhone or iPad to its fullest potential? We’ll teach you the little things to make you more efficient and productive.
What We Do
We support our clients in a wide variety of ways. Common situations include:
Getting a new Mac? We offer:
- Advice and guidance on the right Mac for you
- Assessment and pre-purchase planning
- Application compatibility evaluation
Got a new Mac? We’ll help you:
- Transfer data
- Set up email
- Set up printers
- Set up your wireless network
- Install applications
Switching from a PC to a Mac? We can help with:
- Application compatibility assessment
- Data transfer
- Training on using your Mac
Want to learn more about using your Mac? We offer:
Want to make your Mac play well with others? We can:
- Set up file sharing
- Set up printer sharing
- Set up calendar sharing
- Get your iPhone or iPad syncing properly
- Install Windows so you can run PC applications
Want to prevent data disasters? We require installation of monitoring software that sends us proactive alerts about the following:
- Backups performed by Time Machine or CrashPlan
- The fullness and health of hard drives
- The health of laptop batteries
- When crashes occur
- Basic inventory information so we can advise on upgrades
- Malware installed on you hard drive
Want to keep your Mac running smoothly? We will:
- Set up data backup systems
- Troubleshoot problems, error messages, freezes and slow Macs
- Perform periodic maintenance
- Install hardware and software upgrades
- Get your email working properly
We also commonly help clients with the following:
- Set up comprehensive backup and archiving solutions
- Switch email or web hosting companies
- Set up a VPN to connect remotely between home and office
How We Do It
Mac support is provided remotely, by default, and in-person, as needed. Remote support requires you to sign-up for our Remote Monitoring, Maintenance and Support (RMMS) service plan.
New clients can decide after the first remote support session if they’d like to sign up for the RMMS service.
RMMS’ sign-up fee is $125 per Mac, with discounts for multiple Macs.
Labor is charged on top of this fee at a rate of $156/hour, billed in 15 minute increments.
Our regular hour for appointments are Monday-Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM.
In circumstances when in-person support is required, I can visit in-person. There is a 30-minute minimum and a travel fee applies:
A $30 travel fee applies for clients within 15 miles of Tim’s home-office in Freeland, WA or the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle.
A $60 travel fee applies for clients further away.
Appointments outside regulars hours are sometimes possible based on Tim’s availability. The rate for appointments outside of regular hours are $235 per hour.
We ask that you submit all support requests via email or phone by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 818-0791.
If you need to cancel or postpone an appointment, as much advance notice as possible is appreciated. However, you can cancel at anytime. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice you may be charged for a 1 hour appointment regardless.
Our clients love us, and we love to reward them for referring their friends to us. That’s why we created a referral bonus program. For every client you refer who completes their first appointment, you get one hour of free support!
Tim is very kind to non-techies, and speaks to us in English. In his rescue operations he manages to be both meticulous and inventive. In the end the problems simply vanish.”Read more testimonials.