Have you replaced your iPhone, iPad, Mac or AppleTV with a newer one? If so, did you remove that older device from your iCloud account? It is prudent to review the devices linked to your AppleID account and to remove devices that you no longer use. You can have a maximum of 10 devices connected to your account at one time including a maximum of 5 computers.
Here are instructions on how to do this from your Mac or from an iOS device, such as your iPhone or iPad.
Reviewing Linked Devices From A Mac
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the iCloud icon.
- Click on the Account Details button.
- Click on the Devices button.
- You’ll see a list of devices. Review them. Use the image below as a guide.
- To remove a device you no longer use, select it from the list and click the Remove from Account button.
Reviewing Linked Devices From An iPhone (or iPad)
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on your name, this assumes you’re using iOS 11 or newer.
- Scroll down a bit and you’ll see a list of devices. Review them.
- To remove a device tap on its name.
- On the Device Info screen tap on the Remove from Account button. Use the image below as a guide.