If you have a Gmail account or a G Suite (formerly called Google Apps) email account, then you ought to know how to set up an out-of-office message. This feature is sometimes also called an auto-reply. Google calls it a Vacation Responder. Regardless of what you call it, here is how you can configure it.
- Open a web browser and login to your Gmail account
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Settings
- Click on the General tab.
- Locate the Vacation Responder section and click on the button to turn it on.
- Type in an appropriate subject, such as Auto-Response as well as corresponding message text.
- Select dates for the start and end dates of the auto-responder in the First Day and Last Day fields.
- Click the Save Changes button.