Do you use Backblaze to backup your Mac? It’s a great way to create an off-site backup of your Mac’s data.
Backblaze tends to automatically install minor updates but it won’t install major upgrades on its own. Here are instructions on how to manually install a major upgrade of Backblaze on your Mac, such as upgrading from version 7.x to version 8.x or version 8.x to version 8.5
Please follow these steps.
- Click on the Backblaze icon which appears in your Menu Bar and select Check for Updates.
- A window should appear which indicates that a new version is available.
- Click the Download button.
- You’ll be taken to Backblaze’s web site.
- Click on macOS to download the Mac version of Backblaze.
- If you’re asked if you want to allow the download to occur, go ahead and grant permission.
- Once the download finishes then open the install Backblaze.dmg file. If you don’t see this download listed in your web browser’s window then click on the Finder icon on your Dock and then navigate to your Downloads folder.
- Double click the Backblaze Installer.app to start the installation process.
- If you’re notified that the Backblaze Installer.app was download from Internet, go ahead and click the Open button.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Type in your user account’s password to let the installation begin.
- When the installation finishes click the Finish & Close button.