Do you have a fax machine? Have you ever wanted to test it to determine that it’s working? Perhaps a colleague or a friend indicated that he or she was unable to fax you. GotFreeFax is an easy way you can send a fax to your own fax machine. Here are instructions for using it.
- Visit https://www.gotfreefax.com [Note: GotFreeFax offers both free and paid versions of their service. Of course, there are limits to the free version. You’re permitted to send a maximum of two, 3-page faxes per day.]
- Locate the Sender Info section and enter, at a minimum, your name and a valid email address. A valid email address is required since GotFreeFax will send you an email containing a link that you need to click to trigger the sending of your fax.
- In the Receiver Info section enter, at a minimum, the recipient’s name and fax number.
- In the Fax Content section you can type a short message or you could attach a file.
- In the Free section, click the “Send Free Fax Now!” button.
- Check your email account. In a minute or two you will get an email from GotFreeFax. Click the link in that email to trigger the sending of your fax.
- Wait a couple of minutes. Your fax machine should receive your fax and print it out, if everything is working.
- Check your email account again. You will get another email from GotFreeFax containing a status report–whether or not they were able to successfully send the fax message.