- Click on the Sophos shield icon near your clock. It looks like this:
- Select Open Quarantine Manager. Use the attached picture as a guide.
- From the Quaratine Manager window, click the padlock to unlock that window. Type in your Mac user account password when prompted.
- Click the Clean Up Threat button. Sophos will then try to remove the infection.
- Click on one of the infected files then click the Reveal in Finder button.
- Wait a few seconds for a Finder window to open and display the infected file.
- Drag the infected file to the Trash, presuming you’re sure you don’t need that file.
[Important Note: Please make sure that you’re not trying to remove a virus from a backup created by Time Machine. Time Machine stores backup copies of your files on external hard drives. These files have read-only permissions. This means that these files can be opened (read) but they can’t be deleted. This prevents one from accidentally deleting a backup copy of a file. However, if you have a virus-infected file in your Time Machine backup you’re also prevented from being able to delete that file. This is fine since the virus can’t do any harm anyway.]