I’m excited to offer a remote monitoring and management service (RMM). This system actively monitors the health of your Mac and sends me email alerts if problems are detected so we can nip them in the bud. I’ll then contact you with instructions on how you can resolve the issue. Or, you can ask me to resolve it remotely. My remote support time is billed at my regular hourly rate.
The 3 primary features of my remote monitoring and management (RMM) service are:
- Automated remote monitoring of Macintosh computers. This includes, but is not limited to the monitoring of: backup systems, hard drive fullness, hard drive health, laptop battery health, the presence of malware or viruses.
- Centralized management of software updates. Important or urgent updates can be pushed out to all Macs. Additionally, updates which are known to be problematic could be blocked to prevent accidental installations. Additionally, hardware and software inventories can be produced.
- Remote support and maintenance. I’ll have the ability to remotely connect to your Macs, with your permission, to remotely resolve issues detected by the monitoring system and/or to provide you with one-on-one troubleshooting and instruction.
Many more features are available, but these are the core features.
Basic Costs of RMM
$120 per year per Mac billed annually. The equivalent of $10 per month.
$240 per year per Mac Server billed annually. The equivalent of $20 per month.
This basic cost covers my licensing costs and some of my time monitoring and responding to email alerts generated by this system. My remote support time is billed at my regular hourly rate.
Multiple Mac Discount (Monitor 4 Macs get the 5th one free) $480/year. This can not include Mac servers. Each additional Mac, beyond 5, is an additional $120/month.
Please follow these instructions to download and install Sound Support’s RMM software made by Addigy.
- Download my Addigy RMM installer.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click addigy-installer.pkg
- Click Continue when you’re notified that the package will determine if it can be installed.
- Click Continue again.
- Click Install
- Type in your administrative user account password and wait 10 seconds while the installation occurs.
- Click Close
- If you’d like to do some clean-up you can return to your Downloads folder and drag the icon named addigy-installer.pkg to the Trash.
Note: If your Mac has macOS Mojave (aka macOS 10.14) installed then you’ll be asked to grant permission to a couple of items. Please go ahead and grant permission. Let me know if you have questions about the installation process.
Tim consistently provides thoughtful and accurate solutions to my Mac issues. He is very knowledgeable, personable, and a good communicator, providing useful commentary as to what he is doing and why. I would recommend Tim to anyone needing Mac services.”Read more testimonials.