I’m excited to offer a remote monitoring and management service (RMM). This system actively monitors the health of your Mac and sends me email alerts if problems are detected so we can nip them in the bud. I’ll then contact you with instructions on how you can resolve the issue. Or, you can ask me to resolve it remotely. My remote support time is billed at my regular hourly rate.
The 3 primary features of my remote monitoring and management (RMM) service are:
- Automated remote monitoring of Macintosh computers. This includes, but is not limited to the monitoring of: backup systems, hard drive fullness, hard drive health, laptop battery health, the presence of malware or viruses.
- Centralized management of software updates. Important or urgent updates can be pushed out to all Macs. Additionally, updates which are known to be problematic could be blocked to prevent accidental installations. Additionally, hardware and software inventories can be produced.
- Remote support and maintenance. I’ll have the ability to remotely connect to your Macs, with your permission, to remotely resolve issues detected by the monitoring system and/or to provide you with one-on-one troubleshooting and instruction.
Basic Costs of RMM
$10 per month per Mac
$20 per month per Mac server
Individual Plan includes: (1 laptop or desktop Mac) $10/month billed quarterly.
Multiple Mac Discount (Monitor 4 Macs get the 5th one free) $40/month. (No servers)
Each additional computer is an additional $10/month. For example, 8 computers would be $70/month
Invoices for my RMM service will be sent on a quarterly basis, at the start of every quarter. Payments are made for the upcoming quarter.
Please follow these instructions to download and install Sound Support’s RMM software made by Addigy.
- Download my Addigy RMM installer.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click addigy-installer.pkg
- Click Continue when you’re notified that the package will determine if it can be installed.
- Click Continue again.
- Click Install
- Type in your administrative user account password and wait 10 seconds while the installation occurs.
- Click Close
- If you’d like to do some clean-up you can return to your Downloads folder and drag the icon named addigy-installer.pkg to the Trash.
Note: If your Mac has macOS Mojave (aka macOS 10.14) installed then you’ll be asked to grant permission to a couple of items. Please go ahead and grant permission. Let me know if you have questions about the installation process.
I have been working with Tim for more than five years now and am lucky to be working with him. He is hands down the best IT consultant I have ever worked with. His knowledge base of MAC and apple products, his extended network of sources, and dedication and commitment to ongoing education makes him an invaluable resource for my business.” Read more testimonials.