Please read the installation instructions in the Overview section (below), or at least know that when you’re asked for the Group Name, that I’d like you to type in, Recently Added.
I’m excited to offer a proactive alert system. In fact I require that all customers setup this system. The system will send me email alerts at the first sign of a problem. Specifically, it monitors the following:
- When backups are performed by Time Machine or CrashPlan
- The fullness and health of hard drives
- The presence of malware
- The health of laptop batteries
- When crashes, called kernel panics, occur
The monitoring system also collects basic inventory information such as your Mac’s serial number and basic information about it’s model, version of OS X and the amount of memory installed.
When I receive an email alert, I’ll email you with information about how to resolve the problem. This goal of this alert system is to minimize downtime and provide both of us with increased peace of mind, knowing that your vital business computers and data are protected.
It’s important to know that this system does not allow me to monitor your computer activities or usage. It doesn’t let me remotely connect to your Mac or see what you’re doing. This system simply monitors a few select systems and sends me email alerts when it detects a potential problem.
Please follow these instructions to download and install Sound Support’s proactive alert software.
- Download Sound Support’s proactive alert software.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click MonitoringClient.pkg
- Click Continue when you’re notified that the package will determine if it can be installed.
- Click Continue again.
- When prompted for a Group name please type in Recently Added
- Click Install
- Type in your administrative user account password and wait 10 seconds while the installation occurs.
- Click Close
- If you’d like to do some clean-up you can drag the icon named Client Monitoring from your Desktop to the Trash to eject the installer. Then return to your Downloads folder and throw away the MonitoringClient.pkg since you won’t need it any longer.
Tim consistently provides thoughtful and accurate solutions to my Mac issues. He is very knowledgeable, personable, and a good communicator, providing useful commentary as to what he is doing and why. I would recommend Tim to anyone needing Mac services.” Read more testimonials.