Please read the installation instructions below the Overview section, or at least know that when you’re asked for the Group Name, that I’d like you to type in, Recently Added.
I’m excited to announce that I am now offering a proactive alert system which will send email alerts to me at the first sign of a problem. Specifically, it monitors the following:
- When backups are performed by Time Machine or CrashPlan
- The fullness and health of hard drives
- The presence of malware
- The health of laptop batteries
- When crashes, called kernel panics, occur
The monitoring system also collects basic inventory information such as your Mac’s serial number and basic information about it’s model, version of OS X and the amount of memory installed.
When I receive an email alert, I’ll email you with information about how to resolve the problem. This goal of this alert system is to minimize downtime and provide both of us with increased peace of mind, knowing that your vital business computers and data are protected.
It’s important to know that this system does not allow me to monitor your computer activities or usage. It doesn’t let me remotely connect to your Mac or see what you’re doing. This system simply monitors a few select systems and sends me email alerts when it detects a potential problem.
Please follow these instructions to download and install Sound Support’s proactive alert software.
- Download Sound Support’s proactive alert software.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click MonitoringClient.pkg
- Click Continue when you’re notified that the package will determine if it can be installed.
- Click Continue again.
- When prompted for a Group name please type in Recently Added
- Click Install
- Type in your administrative user account password and wait 10 seconds while the installation occurs.
- Click Close
- If you’d like to do some clean-up you can drag the icon named Client Monitoring from your Desktop to the Trash to eject the installer. Then return to your Downloads folder and throw away the MonitoringClient.pkg since you won’t need it any longer.
When it comes to tech support, I want the provider I hire to deliver substance, service and integrity. Sound Support has been my choice for over ten years.Regarding substance, founder, Tim Hannon is a technology authority. His specialty is Macintosh, and his expertise ranges freely through electronic worlds from the known to the peripheries of the possible and back. What’s the latest? Ask Tim. Got a budget constraint? Tim will prioritize your needs and keep you connected in the meantime. Need a best practice recommendation? Ask Tim, or subscribe and check your email every Sunday morning for his weekly Tech Tip. My kids know me as a tech clutz. I needed to migrate my email to a new host server company last month and I did the whole thing myself by following the easy-to-understand and foolproof DIY steps Tim outlined in his tech tip on migration.Making tech knowledge available for those interested is part of Sound Support’s package, if you want it. Not optional though is Sound Support’s ultra responsive, reliable and convenient service! Last week during a hardware failure, Tim returned my call in less than five minutes and stayed on the line till he remotely fixed the problem and outlined next options. Sound Support’s service is designed and staffed so it delivers efficient, effective technical triage when clients need it.I love the way Tim’s mind works—how he analyzes an issue, summarizes the problem, considers and tests solutions, recaps the discoveries to cement what’s learned. And he doesn’t stop there! Six months later, he’ll accurately recall the details in an impromptu call. His extraordinary talent for technical problem-solving is matched by his integrity and his service with a smile.” Read more testimonials.